The Problem of museumification of Industrial Heritage of the South Urals
Lyubov D. Matveeva*, Dr. Sci. (History), Prof., firstname.lastname@example.org
Tatyana P. Kotova*, Cand. Sci. (History), Associate Prof., email@example.com
Alexander I. Lebedev*, Cand. Sci. (History), Associate Prof., firstname.lastname@example.org
Albina F. Khisamutdinova*, Senior Lecturer; email@example.com
*Ufa State Petroleum Technological University, Ufa, Russian Federation
Abstract: The Museum is the treasury of unique information about the territory and its national, natural and cultural identity. Museums have the great importance in the process of formation of citizenship and patriotism, the development of education. They act as translators and converters of spiritual and material values and realize the unity of the past, present and future in the history of mankind. The necessity of museumification of industrial objects as a unique resource that can contribute to the development of the city, village or territory is substantiated in this article. It is important to refer to the historical retrospective for a more complete and comprehensive analysis of the value of industrial facilities and complexes. The situation with the industrial heritage of the Southern Urals is considered. History of the emergence and current state of the resurrection copper-smelting factory on the territory of Bashkortostan as a unique monument of industrial architecture of Ural of the middle of XVIII – early XX centuries is elucidated. The necessity of its museumification is substantiated. The complex of the resurrection factory has the most complete preservation of most of the objects with high scientific, historical and architectural value, and provides the best opportunities for the museumification and demonstration the copper production technology of XVIII-XIX centuries to the tourists. Other preserved objects of industrial heritage, which can be involved in the tourist turnover, were also identified. Stages of development and realization of the project of creation on the basis of Voskresensky factory of the first Museum and hotel-tourist complex in Bashkortostan are covered.
Keywords: museumification, objects of industrial heritage, Voskresensky factory, monument of industrial architecture
For citation: Matveeva L. D., Kotova T. P., Lebedev A. I., Khisamutdinova A. F., The Problem of Museumification of Industrial Heritage of the South Urals. Servis plus, vol. 12, no. 2, 2018, pp. 24-35. (In Russ.) DOI: 10.24411/2413-693X-2018-10203
Received on 2018/04/25
Approval to print on 2018/05/25
- Astafev Iu.M., Bikkinin R.F., Bikmurzin P.I. et al., Atlas of tourist resources of the Republic of Bashkortostan. Ufa: GUP RB «Ufimskii poligrafkombinat», 2007, 276 p. (In Russ.)
- Afanasev O.E., Volkhina V.V., The role, significance and functions of skansen as a tourism resource of territory and representants of national traditions of nature-use. Sovremennye problemy servisa i turizma, vol. 9, no. 4, 2015, pp. 12–22. DOI: 10.12737/14527. (In Russ.)
- Vesloguzova M.V., Shestanova E.A., Historical and cultural complex “island-town of sviyazhsk” as a tourist destination of the republic of tatarstan. Sovremennye problemy servisa i turizma, vol. 10, no. 2, 2016, pp. 141-146. DOI: 10.12737/19516. (In Russ.)
- Lagusev Iu.M., Potapenko T.A., Routes of active tourism as a means of education in historical memory for the youth (on the example of the bicycle tour “Mouranovo-Abramtsevo”). Sovremennye problemy servisa i turizma, vol. 9, no. 2, 2015, pp. 78–85. DOI: 10.12737/11399. (In Russ.)
- Matveeva L.D., Kotova T.P., Babina M.A., Noble estates as a tourist potential of the region. Preservation and rational use of cultural heritage in the field of tourism: collection of scientific works of the conference. Ufa: UGNTU, 2016, pp. 220–228. (In Russ.)
- Morozova N.G., The main interest of a memorial estate for modern people. some aspects of the history of memorial estates in Russia. Sovremennye problemy servisa i turizma, vol. 9, no. 2, 2015, pp. 86–91. DOI: 10.12737/11400. (In Russ.)
- Solonina N.S., Principles of presentation of industrial heritage monuments in small towns of the Urals. Sverdlovsk regional universal scientific library named after V. Belinsky. (In Russ.) Available at: http://book.uraic.ru/project/conf/ txt/005/archvuz26_pril/25/template_article-ar=K41-60-k52.htm (Accessed on January 20, 2018).
- Khatkevich A.A., Museum of Siberia, the north and the Far East: interregional cooperation and contribution to improvement of tourist interest in eastern regions of Russia. Sovremennye problemy servisa i turizma, vol. 10, no. 2, 2016, pp. 96-102. DOI: 10.12737/19510. (In Russ.)
- Tsvetkova E.A., Museum «Grand Maket Rossiya» – a new site on the tourist map of Russia. Sovremennye problemy servisa i turizma, vol. 10, no. 2, 2016, pp. 111–117. DOI: 10.12737/19512. (In Russ.)
- Shaparina E.V., Modern life of the museum. programmes and festivals in the memorial estate “Mouranovo”. Sovremennye problemy servisa i turizma, vol. 9, no. 2, 2015, pp. 119–125. DOI: 10.12737/11405. (In Russ.)
- Shelegina O. N., Museum world of Siberia: history and modern development trends. Novosibirsk: Publishing HOUSE of SB RAS, 2014, 396 p. (In Russ.)
- Walczak B.M., The Importance of Industrial Heritage for Cultural Landscape of Lodz and its Local Identity. International Conference Heritage of Technology – Gdańsk Outlook 4 Proceedings, Gdańsk: Politechnika Gdańska, 2005, pp. 311-318.
- Zigmunde D., Katlapa A., Industrial Heritage Landscape of the Lielupe River in Latvia. Scientific Journal of Latvia University of Agriculture, vol. 10, no. 10, 2010, pр. 81–88.
- Jahić E., Dragin A., Romelić J., Industrial Heritage in Tuzla Canton Tourist Offer. TURIZAM, vol. 18, no. 2, 2014, pp. 44–58.
- Blagojevic M.R., Tufegdzic A., The new technology era requirements and sustainable approach to industrial heritage renewal. Energy and Buildings, no. 115, 2015, pp. 148–153.
- Pszczółkowski1 M., Adaptation problems of the post industrial heritage on the example of selected objects of Bydgoszcz. Civil and environmental engineering reports, no. 22 (3), 2016, pp. 145–155. DOI: 10.1515/ceer-2016-0043.
- Bellakova E., Analysis of Industrial Architectural Heritage – Iron and Steel Plants as a Development Potential. Procedia Engineering, no. 161, 2016, pp.1926-1931.
- Tze M. Loo, Japan’s Dark Industrial Heritage: An Introduction. The Asia-Pacific Journal: Japan Focus, vol. 15, no. 1, 2017, pр. 1–4.
- Alekseev V.V., Problems of studying and preserving the industrial heritage of the Urals. Preservation of industrial heritage: World experience and Russian problems: proceedings of the international scientific conference. TICCIH. Yekaterinburg, 1994, pp. 50-51. (In Russ.)
- Alekseeva E.V. Study and preservation of industrial heritage in the world and in the Urals: actual methodological problems. VIII Tatishchev readings: reports. Yekaterinburg, 2010, pp. 41–45. (In Russ.)
- Zapariy V., Zaitseva E., Industrial heritage of Russia and the Urals: fixation, research, restructuring. 4th International Multidisciplinary Scientific Conference on Social Sciences and Arts SGEM 2017: Conference Proceedings, book 2, vol. 2, pp. 271–278. ISBN 978-619-7408-18-8 / ISSN 2367-5659. DOI:10.5593/sgemsocial2017/22/ S08.036.
- Kaulen M. E., Museumification of historical and cultural heritage of Russia. Moscow: Eterna, 2012, 432 p. (In Russ.)
- Shtiglits M.S., Industrial architecture of St. Petersburg in the field of “industrial archeology». St. Petersburg: Beloe i Chernoe, 2003, 280 p. (In Russ.)
- Kurlaev A.E., Historiographic understanding of industrial heritage in Russia. Ural`skij istoricheskij vestnik, no. 4 (33), 2011, pp. 47–53. (In Russ.)
- Museum of mining. Nizhny Tagil: book-album. Yekaterinburg: Basko, 1995, 176 p. (In Russ.)
- Gudkov G.F., Gudkova Z.I., The history of the South Urals mining factories of XVIII-XIX centuries: Historical and local lore essays. Part 1. Ufa: Bashkirskoe knizhnoe izdatel`stvo, 1985, 424 p. (In Russ.)
- Gudkov G.F., Gudkova Z.I., The history of the South Urals mining factories of XVIII-XIX centuries: Historical and local lore essays. Part 2. Ufa: Bashkirskoe izdatel`stvo «Kitap», 1993, 480 p. (In Russ.)
- Kurlaev E.A., Kurlaev A.E., Survey of the destroyed objects of the historical period in the territory of Bashkiria. River of time: collection of articles. Ufa: Knizhnaya palata RB, 2014, pp. 13–21. (In Russ.)
- Kulbaxtin N.M., Kulbaxtin S.N., Mudarisov R.Z., The stages of modernization of copper-smelting industry of the Southern Urals (XVIII – early XX centuries). Vestnik AN RB, no. 19 (71), 2016, pp. 49–51. (In Russ.)
- Lebedev A.I., Сreation of a museum-tourist complex on the base of 18th-century Voskresensky copper-smelting works in Meleuzovsky district of Bashkortostan. Revival of old industrial centers and the role of industrial heritage: Theses of the XII international Congress on industrial heritage, 2003, pp. 57–58.
- Gudkova Z.I., Lebedev A.I., Beloretsk iron melting and iron works factory. Bashkir encyclopedia. In 7 volumes. Ufa, 2005, pp. 424–425. (In Russ.)
- Lebedev A.I., The objects of industrial heritage of the Republic of Bashkortostan: history of research and state protection. Istoriya nauki i texniki, vol. 1, 2011, pp. 104-108. (In Russ.)
- Bashkortostan: brief encyclopedia. Ufa: Nauchnoe izdatel`stvo «Bashkirskaya e`nciklopediya», 1996, 672 p. (In Russ.)
- Rychkov P. I., Topography of Orenburg province. Volume VII. Orenburg, 1887, 406 p. (In Russ.)
- Pallas P. S., Travel to different places of the Russian state. Part II, book 1. St. Petersburg, 1786, 476 p. (In Russ.)
- Khrustaleva M., Interpretation of industrial heritage in the light of entertainment industry. (In Russ.) Available at: http://maps-moscow.com/index.php?chapter_id=143& data_id=109&do=view _single (Accessed on January 23, 2018).