Problems and prospects of ecological tourism development in Tula region
Tamara A. Tankieva*, Cand. Sci. (Technical Sciences), Associate Prof., firstname.lastname@example.org
Marina V. Ponomareva*, Cand. Sci. (Technical Sciences), Associate Prof., email@example.com
Aleksandr V. Korolyev*, Cand. Sci. (Technical Sciences), Associate Prof., firstname.lastname@example.org
*Tula State University, Tula, Russian Federation
Ecological tourism is one of the ways of sustainable territorial development for solving key tasks of the postindustrial society. The development of ecological tourism in Tula region can contribute to: support and conservation of biodiversity; strengthening of the physical health of Russian citizens; increasing employment of rural areas and small town population; development of organic agricultural production; development of environmentally safe product market. The article analyzes the ecological situation in Tula, Moscow, Ryazan, Kaluga, Lipetsk and Orel regions. Air emissions of pollutants, the discharge of contaminated wastewater and the increase in the amount of solid domestic waste were examined as the main factors of environmental pollution. It is shown that the ecological situation in the areas under investigation has improved significantly over the last 16 years. A good ecological situation is observed in the Orel and Kaluga regions. The main cause of environmental pollution in the Lipetsk, Tula, Moscow and Ryazan regions is the activity of industrial enterprises. The analysis of natural conditions for the organization of preventive or health-improving procedures was carried out. The unique natural objects on the territory of Tula region, as well as the availability and condition of infrastructure facilities suitable for the development of ecological tourism were explored. The undertaken research shows that the region has the potential for the development of various types of ecological tourism: sanatorium-resort tourism, active tourism, and sports tourism, agricultural and gastronomic tourism. The main consumers of these tourism services can be both residents of the region, as well as residents of Moscow, Moscow region and neighboring regions.
Keywords: ecological tourism, sport tourism, active tourism, agricultural tourism, agro tourism, gastronomic tourism
For citation: Tankieva T. A., Ponomareva M.V., Korolev A.V., Problems and prospects of ecological tourism development in Tula region. Servis plus, vol. 12, no. 2, 2018, pp. 3-13. (In Russ.) DOI 10.24411/2413-693X-2018-10201
Received on 2018/03/24
Approval to print on 2018/03/24
- Bilgin M.H., Danis H., Demir E., etc., Natural Resources Management in Tourism: Dimensions and Impact of Tourist Offer in the Southeastern Europe National Parks. Financial environment and business development, vol. 4, 2017, pp. 537-562. DOI: 10.1007 / 978-3-319-39919-5_40.
- Fennell D.A., A Content Analysis of Ecotourism Definitions. Current Issues in Tourism, no. 4 (5), 2001, pp. 403-421. DOI: 10.1080 / 13683500108667896.
- Adashova T.A., Specially protected natural territories of Russia as the basis for the formation of tourist natural space. Sovremenny`e problemy` servisa i turizma, no. 1, 2012, pp. 45-52. (In Russ.)
- Arlyapov V.A., Volkova E.M., Nechaeva I.A., Skvortsova L.S., The content of heavy metals in soil as an indicator of anthropogenic pollution in the Tula region. Izvestiya TulGU. Estestvenny`e nauki, no. 4, 2015, pp. 194-204. (In Russ.)
- Afanasiev, O. E., Afanasieva, A. V., The concept of “ecological tourism” in the world and russian practice: comparative analysis and cases. Sovremennye problemy servisa i turizma, no. 11 (4), 2017, pp. 7-25. DOI: 10.22412 / 1995-0411-2017-11-4-7-25. (In Russ.)
- Boykova O.I., Volkova E.M., The chemical and biological features of peat in Tula region. Izvestiya TulGU. Estestvenny`e nauki, no. 3, 2013, pp.253-264. (In Russ.)
- Veremchuk L.V., Cherpak N.A., Gvozdenko T.A., Volkova M.V. Methodology of the assessment of the impact of air pollution on the formation of levels of overall morbidity rate of bronchial asthma. Gigiena i sanitariya, no. 3, 2015, pp.119-122. (In Russ.)
- Dorofeev A. A., Bogdanova L. P., Khokhlova E. R., Ecotourism in Russia: main destinations and tourist arrivals. Sovremennye problemy servisa i turizma, no. 11 (4), 2017, pp. 38-46. (In Russ.) DOI: 10.22412 / 1995-0411-2017-11-4-38-46.
- Lapochkina V.V, Kosareva N.V., Adashova T.A. Ecological Tourism in Russia: Development Trends. International Scientific and Research Journal, vol. 5-1 (47), 2016, pp. 100-105. (In Russ.) DOI: 10.18454 / IRJ.2016.47.257.
- Nikonova T. V., Gusarova V. Yu., Perezhogina O. N., Features of adventure tourism and prospects for its development in Russia. Sovremennye problemy servisa i turizma, no. 11 (3), 2017, pp. 51-58. (In Russ.) DOI: 10.22412 / 1995-0411-2017-11-3-51-58.
- Orlova V.S., Shcherbakova A.A., Prospects of health and recreation tourism development in the region. Problemy` razvitiya territorii, no. 4, 2014, pp.34-45. (In Russ.)
- Ponomareva M.V., Ponomareva I.Yu., Tankieva T.A., The methodology of integral estimation of tourist attraction of municipalities of tula region. Izvestiya TulGU. E`konomicheskie i yuridicheskie nauki, vol. 5, no. 1, 2014, pp. 458-463. (In Russ.)
- Ryabov G.G., SarychevV.Zh., Zhabin A.B., Environmental characteristics of moscow coal basin territory. Izvestiya TulGU. Nauki o Zemle, no. 4, 2014, pp. 25-36. (In Russ.)
- Sarancha M.A., On the issues of the geographic logic in designing tourist routes. Sovremennye problemy servisa i turizma, no. 11 (3), 2017, pp. 25-31. (In Russ.) DOI: 10.22412 / 1995-0411-2017-11-3-25-31.
- Tankieva T.A., Ponomareva I.Yu., Ponomareva M.V., The methodology of the positional-rank estimation of touristic attraction of territories. Izvestiya TulGU. E`konomicheskie i yuridicheskie nauki, vol. 5, no. 1, 2014, pp. 174-180. (In Russ.)
- Titov R.A., Minina V.I., KuleminYu.E., Golovina T.A., Mun S.A., Change of technogenic pollution in the industrial city atmosphere and its influence on cancerogenic and mutagen effects at citizens. Izvestiya Samarskogo nauchnogo centra RAN, no. 5-2, 2014, pp. 962-966. (In Russ.)
- Tochilkina N.V., Estimation of air pollution influence on demographic and health of the population of Saratov. Samarskij nauchny`j vestnik, no. 4 (17), 2016, pp. 65-70. (In Russ.)