Assessment of medical service quality in the context of changing industrial statutory and legal regulations
Tatyana G. Butova*, Dr. Sc. (Economics), Prof.,, email@example.com
Ekaterina Yu. Yakovleva*, Senior Lecturer, firstname.lastname@example.org
Elena P. Danilina**, Cand. Sc. (Medicine), Associate Prof., email@example.com
Mariya Yu. Zhilnikova**, student, firstname.lastname@example.org
* Siberian Federal University, Krasnoyarsk, Russian Federation
** State Medical University named after professor V.F. Voyno-Yasenetsky, Krasnoyarsk, Russian Federation
Abstract: Currently, there is an increase in the activity not only of consumers of medical services in online publications and information portals, due to the opportunity to express their assessment of medical service quality and attitude to the organization of medical care in free form, without restriction of closed issues in the formalized questionnaire of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation, engaged in research of the attitude of consumers to the issues of ensuring the medical service quality and its accessibility. Different assessments of consumers of medical services in different sources reveal a single trend – most often consumers are not satisfied with the results in improving their health status, staff attitudes, the expectation of services and the problems of information support.The recently observed tendency of growth in negative assessments of the quality of medical services for both budgetary and private organizations with low consumer activity in the independent assessment of the quality of medical organizations’ services based on an interactive questionnaire led to the development by the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation of new criteria for assessing the quality of medical care approved in May 2017 in as a methodological recommendation, and the abolition of previous guidelines for an independent assessment of the quality of care. The new criteria will be used in carrying out internal quality control based on a technological approach. The client-oriented approach aimed at ensuring customer satisfaction will also be used within the self-assessment of medical organizations. Success in the implementation of the tasks of assessing the quality of medical services is possible with solving methodological problems currently existing in methods, first of all, it means to clarify the essence and correlation of the basic concepts of “medical activity”, “medical services”, “medical care”, to clarify participants – evaluation subjects in the integration of technological and client-oriented approaches. The developed structural model of satisfaction with medical service quality, the justification of satisfaction subjects and the proposal of satisfaction criteria will allow to provide an effective evaluation of medical service quality.
Keywords: assessment of medical service quality, the essence of the basic concepts in the quality of services of medical organizations as objects of evaluation, the structural model of satisfaction subjects for organizations providing medical services
For citation: Butova T.G., Yakovleva E.Yu., Danilina E.P., Zhilnikova M.Yu., Assessment of medical service quality in the context of changing industrial statutory and legal regulations. Service plus, vol. 12, no. 1, 2018, pp. 88-99. DOI: 10.24411/2413-693X-2018-10109
- Bulekbaeva Sh.A., Ospanova Sh.H., Abdrakhmanova A.O., The analysis of patient satisfaction with the quality of rehabilitation care. Materials of the 1st scientific-practical conference «Public health: problems and prospects». Astana, 2010, pp. 15-18. (In Russ.).
- Spiridonov A.V., Shulaev A.V., Estimating method of patient satisfaction of hospital services in the modernization of health care. [Electronic resource] Sovremennye problemy nauki i obrazovaniya, no. 4, 2013. (In Russ.) Available at: http://www.science-education.ru/ru/article/view?id=10001 (Accessed on September 12, 2017).
- Kaminskaya O.N., Samus I.V., Gracheva T.Yu. Analysis of claims and complaints in private healthcare. Zabaikal’skii meditsinskii vestnik, no. 1, 2014, pp. 4-8. [Electronic resource] (In Russ.) Available at: http://medacadem.chita.ru/zmv (Accessed on October 08, 2017).
- Bugaev D.A., Gorbunkov V. Ya., Selected problems of monitoring and ensuring the quality of care. Meditsinskii vestnik Severnogo Kavkaza, vol. 11, no. 3, 2016, pp. 438-487. (In Russ.).
- Vinogradova T.V., Dunayev S.M., The study of population satisfaction with hospital care in the Republic of Udmurtia. Problemy sotsial’noi gigieny, zdravookhraneniya i istorii meditsiny, no. 5, 2011, pp. 19-22. (In Russ.).
- Butova T.G., Yakovleva E.Y., Danilina E.P., Byeloborodov A.A., Service and quality of medical services. Servis v Rossii i za rubezhom, no. 8 (55), 2014, pp. 1-8. (In Russ.) [Electronic resource]. (In Russ.) Available at: http://electronic-journal.rguts.ru/index.php?do=cat&category=2014 (Accessed on August 28, 2017).
- 7. Belyavskiy A.R., Pavlovskih A.Y., Shardin S.A., Ovsyannikov S.V., The method of determination of patient-orientation level of personnel in medical organization (by the example of Demidovskaya hospital in Nizhny Tagil). Ural’skii meditsinskii zhurnal, no. 2 (135), 2016, pp. 106-111. (In Russ.).
- Evstigneev S.V., Vasilyev V.V., Patients assessment of outpatient care quality. Medicus. International medical scientific journal, no. 2 (8), 2016, pp. 83-86. (In Russ.).
- Trendafilova A.T., Some issues of dehumanizations AM ONG medical staff and patients satisfaction by medical care. Medicus. International medical scientific journal, no. 2 (8), 2016, pp. 96-98. (In Russ.).
- 10. Nesterov O.L., Independent assessment of the quality of the provision of medical services and the functions of participants in its conduct. Voprosy ekspertizy i kachestva meditsinskoi pomoshchi, no. 3, 2016, pp. 7-11. (In Russ.).
- Denisov I.N., Reze A.G., Volnukhin A.V., The prevention of complaints concerning quality of medical services: the role of communicative skills of medical personnel. Problemy sotsial’noi gigieny, zdravookhraneniya i istoriya meditsiny, no. 6, 2012, pp. 32-35. (In Russ.).
- Shmelev I.A., Characteristic of medical and social component of the satisfaction of mothers in outpatient pediatric care. Vestnik RUDN, no. 1, 2015, pp. 22-26. (In Russ.).
- Butova T.G., Danilina E.P., Beloborodova Yu.S., Beloborodov A.A., Quality of medical care: methodological problems of practical evaluation. Sovremennye problemy nauki i obrazovaniya, no. 5, 2015. [Electronic resource] (In Russ.) Available at: http://www.science-education.ru/128-22401 (Accessed on October 23, 2017).
- Bogdanova T.G., Zinetnullina N.Kh., Guryanova E.A., Shuvalova N.V., Organization and conduct of internal quality control and safety of medical activities in the Chuvash Republic (goals, objectives, objects and levels). Sovremennye problemy nauki i obrazovaniya, no. 6, 2013. [Electronic resource] (In Russ.) Available at: http://www.science-education.ru/113-11336 (Accessed on October 08, 2017).
- Singayevskaya T., Standards of quality management of medical services. [Electronic resource] (In Russ.) Available at: URL: http://www.likar.info (Accessed on October 15, 2017)
- Ivanov I., Internal control of quality and safety in the polyclinic. Zdravookhranenie, no. 12, 2017, pp. 26-35. (In Russ.)
- Vishnyakov N.I. and all. Questioning of visitors as a method of the operative control of the quality of the organization of the medical process. Problemy sotsial’noi gigieny i istoriya meditsiny, no. 1, 1998, pp. 48-50. (In Russ.).
- Chernova Т.V., Assessment of the quality of medical care for patients in urban multidisciplinary hospitals. Zdravookhranenie Rossiiskoi Federatsii, no. 1, 1998, pp. 28-30. (In Russ.)
- Gaidarov G.M., Pchela L.P., Markarov S.V., Alekseeva N.Yu., Application of a sociological study of patients’ satisfaction with medical aid for assessing the effectiveness of a new system of remuneration for medical personal. Sibirskii meditsinskii zhurnal, no. 8, 2009, pp. 82-85. (In Russ.).
- Paltsev M.A., Kovalenko V.L., Podobed O.V., Moskvicheva M.G., Formation and application of quality indicators of health care according to data of clinical and pathological analysis of lethal outcomes. Ural’skii meditsinskii zhurnal, no. 3 (136), 2016, pp. 5-10. (In Russ.).
- Shvets Yu.Yu., The main provisions of the examination of the quality of care. Interaktivnaya nauka, no. 10, 2016, pp. 182-184. [Electronic resource] (In Russ.) Available at: https://interactive-science.media/en/action/300/info. (Accessed on November 25, 2017).
- Shishkina I.B., Sorokina N.V., Vardosanidze S.L., Lihota A.I., Patient satisfaction as a criterion for assessing the quality of care in a multidisciplinary hospital. Problemy upravleniya zdravookhraneniem, no. 5, 2006, pp. 21-26. (In Russ.).
- Shubtsova L., Improving the assessment of the activities of the state bodies in control and supervision of healthcare. Servis v Rossii i za rubezhom, vol. 10, no. 6 (67), 2016, pp. 76-89. (In Russ.).
- Vengerova I.V., Resursive maintenance of medical services in modern economy: Candidate of economic sciences’ thesis. St.-Petersburg, 2012, 24 p. (In Russ.).
- 25. Kirik Yu.V., Problems of accessibility and quality of medical services in the Far East of Russia according to sociological surveys of the population. Dal’nevostochnyi meditsinskii zhurnal, no. 2, 2016, pp. 103-108. (In Russ.).
- Ali Mohammad Mosadeghrad. Factors Affecting Medical Service Quality. Iran Jornal of Public Health, no. 43(2), 2014, pp. 210-220.
- Evstigneev S.V., Vasilyev V.V., Patients assessment of outpatient care quality. Medicus. International medical scientific journal, no. 2 (8), 2016, pp. 83-86.