Sustainable development of agricultural tourism based on the use of the potential of rural areas
Matvei S. Oborin, Dr. Sc. (Economics), Prof., email@example.com,
Perm Institute (branch), Plekhanov Russian University of Economics, Perm, Russian Federation;
Perm State National Research University, Perm, Russian Federation;
Perm State Agro-Technological University named after Academician D.N. Pryanishnikov, Perm, Russian Federation;
Sochi State University, Sochi, Russian Federation
Abstract: The article is devoted to the sustainable development of agricultural tourism as a promising area for public benefit and economic activity. The subject of the article is agricultural tourism as an emerging direction of tourist and recreational activities in Russia. The aim is to study the sustainable development of agricultural tourism based on the potential of rural areas. The hypothesis of the study is to identify the impact of rural areas, which are characterized by a complex of social and economic problems, on the development of agricultural tourism, since their identity, the presence of unique objects and attractions suggests that the absence of industrial production and the lack of land in this case are positive prerequisites. The main research methods are systematic and situational approach, modeling of social and economic processes, formal logical analysis. The results of the work are to identify the prospects for sustainable development of agricultural tourism, which meets the needs of modern consumers in different regions of Russia with agricultural potential. To combine the advantages of rural areas is the integrated use of favorable environment for the development of food production with high value, developing new tour routes and attractions. The obtained results can be used in working out programs for the development of tourism and the formation of regional plans for social and economic transformation of territories. The main directions of future research are related to the complex development of rural areas on the basis of promising types of tourism, as it will diversify the economy and reduce the impact of negative trends in population outflow and unemployment growth. The main limitations in this case are the inertia of municipal management systems and limited resources, so the positive effect of the basis formation for agricultural tourism will come in the long term.
Keywords: agricultural tourism, rural areas, potential agribusiness, infrastructure, attractive
For citation: Oborin M.S., Sustainable development of agricultural tourism based on the use of the potential of rural areas. Service plus, vol. 12, no. 1, 2018, pp. 46-55. DOI: 10.24411/2413-693X-2018-10105
- Bespartochnyi B.D., Khromova A.V., Agrotourism: terminology and intrinsic characteristics. Izvestiya Yugo-Zapadnogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta, no. 4 (55), 2014, pp. 117–122. (In Russ.)
- Dubinicheva L.V., Sovetov P.M., Agrotourism in development of rural territories. Ekonomika regiona: problemy i perspektivy razvitiya, no. 46, 2009, pp. 48–55. (In Russ.)
- Burda A.G., Economic problems of parametrization of agricultural enterprises. Krasnodar, 2014, 508 p. (In Russ.)
- Kaznacheeva N., Chelnokova E.A., Korovina E.A., Agrarian tourism as one of the perspective directions of the tourism industry. Mezhdunarodnyi zhurnal prikladnykh i fundamental’nykh issledovanii, no. 3, 2017, pp. 59–63. (In Russ.)
- Oborin M. S., The development of the strategic framework of long-term sustainable development of the territorial market of spa services. Ekonomika i predprinimatel’stvo, no. 12 (part 1), 2015, pp. 346–353. (In Russ.)
- Oborin M. S., The improving the system of management and evaluation of the economic efficiency of the health resort activity in the region as an example of the Perm region. Ekonomika i predprinimatel’stvo, no. 12 (part 2), 2015, pp. 250–256. (In Russ.)
- Oborin M. S., The system of rational management and use of the resort and recreational potential of the region. Izvestiya Orenburgskogo gosudarstvennogo agrarnogo universiteta. Ekonomicheskie nauki, no. 4 (54), 2015, pp. 216–219. (In Russ.)
- Oborin M. S., Natural and geographical factors like of fundamental basis of management and resort recreation activities (for example, the north of perm region). Uchenye zapiski Orlovskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Seriya «Estestvennye, tekhnicheskie i meditsinskie nauki», no. 4 (67), 2015, pp. 436–440. (In Russ.)
- Oborin M. S., Socioeconomic features of medical tourism of a region (exemplified by the perm krai). Vestnik Severnogo (Arkticheskogo) federal’nogo universiteta. Seriya: Gumanitarnye i sotsial’nye nauki, no. 4, 2015, pp. 124–130. (In Russ.)
- Rozhko R.L. Factors of influence on agro-cultural activity [Electronic resource] (In Russ.) Available at: https://rep.polessu.by/bitstream/123456789/1195/1/56.pdf (Accessed on February 01, 2018).
- Savchenko T.V., Prosyannikova Yu.A., Agrarian potential of rural areas: the essence and factors of formation. Nauchnye vedomosti Belgorodskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta, vol. 31/1, no. 15 (186), 2014, pp. 66–76. (In Russ.)
- Savchenko T. V., Prosyannikova Yu. A., Ulez’ko A. V., The development of the agricultural potential of rural areas [Text]: monograph. Voronezh: Izd.-poligr. tsentr «Nauchnaya kniga», 2015, 175 p. (In Russ.)
- Smirnova I.V., Agricultural tourism – a new direction in the development of rural districts. Vestnik Mariiskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta, no. 9, 2014, pp. 85–94. (In Russ.)
- Titova L.N., The use of total agripotential to control the economy of the agrarian sector of the Russian Federation subject. Problemy sovremennoi ekonomiki, no. 2 (26), 2008, pp. 307—310. (In Russ.)
- Fidorenko Ya.I., Factors of development of rural tourism in the russian federation. Sotsial’no-ekonomicheskie yavleniya i protsessy, vol. 11, no. 1, 2016, pp. 58–64. (In Russ.)
- Sherstobitova G.I., The role of agrotourism in the sustainable development of agricultural territories of Samara region. Vestnik Samarskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta, no. 3 (9), 2013, pp. 83–87. (In Russ.)
- Adams B.B., The New Agritourism: Hosting Community & Tourists on Your Farm. Auburn, CA: New World Publishing, 2008 (Accessed on February 01, 2018).
- Burr S.W., Zeitlin J., Chase L., Ramaswamy V., Green G., Dougherty M., Resources for Agritourism Development. Logan, UT: Institute for Outdoor Recreation and Tourism, Utah State University, 2015. Available at extension.usu.edu/iort/ htm/publications/publication=10492 (Accessed on February 01, 2018).
- Humann M.J., Ellis T.M., Lee B.C., Agritourism Health and Safety Guidelines for Children (2nd ed.). Marshfield, WI: Marshfield Clinic, 2016. Available at marshfieldclinic.org/nccrahs/ default.aspx?page=nccrahs_ag_tourism (Accessed on February 01, 2018).