«Shady» business in tourism and economic security of Russia
* Russian State University of Tourism and Service, Moscow, Russian Federation
Abstract: With the growth of inbound tourism of the People’s Republic of China in the Russian Federation, many experts expected large economic infusion into our economy; however, most of the tourism income goes back to China, and this fact significantly undermines the economic security of our state. It is connected primarily with the activities of transnational organized crime and the implementation of the “grey” schemes in the tourism sector despite the fact that tourism in the Russian Federation is recognized as a priority sphere of the national economy at the state level. The subject of research is the identification of threats and hazards, and maintenance mechanisms of economic safety of tourism development in Russia. The object of research is the tourism sphere as a complex economic system. Along with basic scientific methods there were also used the particular methods of cognition as a logical method of cognition, historical one, comparative-legal method of cognition, systemic-structural and statistical one. The methodological basis of this study are the fundamental categories of dialectical materialism – such as the negation of the negation, the transition of quantitative changes into qualitative ones, and some others. The scientific novelty of the work is connected with the fact that for the first time they examine the problem of transnational organized crime of citizens of the People’s Republic of China in the sphere of tourism.
Keywords: economic security, inbound tourism, «shady» business, China, Chinese tourist groups, group tourist trips, tour guides, tour operators, hotel business, zero dollar tour
For citation: Chirkov D.K., Chirkova Yu.B. «Shady» business in tourism and economic security of Russia. Service plus, vol. 12, no. 1, 2018, pp. 3-9. DOI: 10.22412/1993-7768-12-1-1.
- Andreevskii I.E., Police law. 2nd Vol. 1. St. Petersburg: Tipografiya E. Pratsa, 1874, 666 p. (In Russ.)
- Magomedov A.A., Chirkov D.K., Illegal migration of citizens of the People’s Republic of China to the territory of the Russian Federation as a threat to economic security. Migratsionnoe pravo, no. 4, 2011, pp. 29−31. (In Russ.)
- Petrosyan L.K., Chirkov D.K., Chislov A.I., Human trafficking and victimological prevention in the sphere of tourism activities. Pravovoe pole sovremennoi ekonomiki, no. 7, 2016, pp.194−201. (In Russ.)
- Bulgakova M.A., Essence and characteristic of modern crime in the sphere of tourism. Economic security of individual, society, state: problems and ways of ensuring: proceedings of the annual Russian scientific and practical conference, 2017, pp. 32−38. (In Russ.)
- Pisarevskii E.L., Crime in the sphere of tourism (criminological characteristics and prevention mesures). Rossiiskii sledovatel’, no. 6, 2011, pp. 27−31. (In Russ.)
- Stoker S., Japanese organized crime: facilitation of human trafficking on a grand scale. Vserossiiskii kriminologicheskii zhurnal, no. 2, 2008, pp. 29−35. (In Russ.)
- Ataeva T.A., Absalamova P.A., Inbound tourism in Dagestan. Relevant issues of development of modern society: Proceedings of the 4th International scientific and practical conference: in 4 volums, 2014, pp. 61−63. (In Russ.)
- Ataeva T.A., Importance of macro factors in the development of tourism in the Republic of Dagestan. Relevant issues of development of modern society: Proceedings of the 4th International scientific and practical conference: in 4 volums, 2014, pp. 58−61. (In Russ.)
- Firsov A.I., Yurkova M.S., Ukolova N.V., Novikova N.A., Eco-tourism as an innovative direction of reducing unemployment in rural regions. Nauchnoe obozrenie: teoriya i praktika, no. 6, 2017, pp. 96−103. (In Russ.)
- Vladislavleva T.B., Interregional Cooperation as a Factor of Enhancing Cooperation on the Interstate Level (The Case of Russia and Kazakhstan). Ponimanie. Umenie, no. 1, 2016, pp. 216−225. (In Russ.)
- Ustyugova E.V., Popova T.O., Tourist product and tourist services. Transportnoe delo Rossii, no. 10, 2009, pp. 59−60. (In Russ.)