The development of small business in the sphere of consumer market and services as a factor of economic growth (on materials of the Republic of Khakassia)
Elena N. Kochetkova*, Cand. Sc. (Economics), Associate Prof., firstname.lastname@example.org,
Svetlana V. Trusova*, Cand. Sc. (Economics), Associate Prof., email@example.com
* Institute of economics and management, Khakassian State University named after N.F. Katanov, Abakan, Republic of Khakassia, Russian Federation
Abstract. This article focuses on the nature and role of small business in the sphere of consumer market and services as an important condition of economic growth. The article presents the analysis of the state of small business in the federal subjects of Russia – the Republic of Khakassia, and summarizes its development, the structure of small business by the number of enterprises in different activities. The authors estimate the small business in the sphere of consumer market and services and present the peculiarities and problems of development of entrepreneurial structures in the sphere of consumer market and services at the regional level (on the example of Republic of Khakassia). The consumer market remains one of the most important factors of economic growth in the Republic of Khakassia. The authors determine the factors contributing to the development of small business on regional level and their impact on economic growth. They note that just small businesses do not require large upfront investment and guaranteeing a high rate of turnover of resources and they can most quickly solve the problems of the formation and saturation of market with goods and services. Small businesses can quickly respond to changing consumer demand and thus they can provide the necessary balance in the consumer market. This study is limited to the territory of the Republic of Khakassia, however, the information can be applied and used in other regions of the Russian Federation, as well as in the preparation of textbooks and articles.
Keywords: Small and medium business, entrepreneurship, consumer market, services, trade, economy, economic growth, economic activity, economic policy
For citation: Kochetkova E.N., Trusova S.V., The development of small business in the sphere of consumer market and services as a factor of economic growth (on materials of the Republic of Khakassia). Servis plus, vol. 11, no. 4, 2017, pp. 78–92. DOI: 10.22412/1993-7768-11-4-8.
- Asaul A.N., Organization of the business. Mezhdunarodnyi zhurnal prikladnykh i fundamental’nykh issledovanii, no. 2, 2013, pp. 104−105. (In Russ.).
- Aganbegyan A.G., Reduction of Investments — the Death of the Economy, Investment Growth — its Salvation. Ekonomicheskie strategii, no. 4, 2016, pp. 74-83. (In Russ.).
- Afanas’ev B.C., Small business: problems of formation. Rossiiskii ekonomicheskii zhurnal, no. 2, 1993, pp. 1–16. (In Russ.).
- Gaisina A.R., Artemov N.I., Modern problems of development of business activity in the services sector. Sovremennye problemy nauki i obrazovaniya, no. 1-1, 2015. (In Russ.) Available at: https://science-education.ru/ru/article/view?id=18553 (Accessed on July 18, 2017).
- Bulakina N., The main problems of small and medium business. Sotsial’no-ekonomicheskie problemy razvitiya Sayano-Altaya: pril. k «Vestniku KrasGAU»: sbornik nauchnykh trudov, no. 7, 2012, pp. 99–102. (In Russ.)
- Kazykhanov R.R., Analysis of the current status and trends of small and medium enterprises in the structure of the regional industry. Predprinimatel’stvo, no. 12, 2014, pp. 211–218. (In Russ.).
- Kochetkova E.N., The rating of subjects of small entrepreneurship in the Republic of Khakassia. Molodoi uchenyi, no. 29, 2016, pp. 428–431. (In Russ.).
- Lavrova E.V., Improving the Methodology of Planning of Regional Programs of Support for Small and Medium Businesses as a Strategic Resource for Regional Economic Growth. Nauka i biznes: puti razvitiya, no. 6 (48), 2015, pp. 138—140. (In Russ.).
- Larionova G.N., « Current status and development trends of small business in the Russian Federation. Nauchnoe obozrenie, no. 18, 2015, pp. 321–323. (In Russ.).
- Lyubimov I.L., Inequality and economic growth: challenges for the Russian economy. Rossiiskoe predprinimatel’stvo, vol. 17, no. 1, 2016, pp. 11–22. (In Russ.).
- McConnell C.R., Brue S., Economics: principles, problems and policies. Moscow: Vysshee obrazovanie, 2009. (In Russ.).
- Omarova K.A., Development of small and medium businesses in the service sector as a factor of economic growth. Problemy sovremennoi ekonomiki, no. 3 (39), 2011, pp. 153–162. (In Russ.).
- Sorokov T.Kh., Economic contradictions in the sphere of social services. Ekonomicheskie nauki, no. 85, 2011, pp. 190–194. (In Russ.).
- Sukharev O.S., Economic growth in Russia: role of small business. Ekonomika i predprinimatel’stvo, no. 1 (78), 2017, pp. 372–379. (In Russ.).
- Khabyev Ya., Small business — growth factors and development. Molodoi uchenyi, no. 11, 2014, pp. 238–242. (In Russ.).