Development of intercultural communication in tourism
Ol’ga I. Vapnyarskaya, Cand. Sc. (Economics), Associate Prof., email@example.com,
Russian State University of Tourism and Service, Moscow, Russian Federation
The state policy of the Russian Federation in the sphere of domestic and inbound tourism is quite active. The final Federal target program “Development of domestic and inbound tourism in the Russian Federation (2011–2018)” and the ongoing work on the project of the new program document proves that tourism is one of the priorities of the domestic economy. The current tourist industry and infrastructure have formed the basis for the development of a variety of tourist programs and routes. The competition between individual destinations and tourist product is significantly increasing. The key competitive advantage is the satisfaction of the tourist. Strategic approaches and operational activities to the promotion of Russian national tourist product in the international arena and in the domestic market require the transformation and implementation of systemic and targeted administration in the conditions of the growing market and the increasing competition in the tourism industry. The ability to offer the traveller not only interesting but also comfortable, safe, appropriate to the spiritual needs of the tourist product, becomes the main success factor of tourism companies. The article discusses the problems of implementing cross-cultural communication as a tool for creation of comfortable tourist environment.
Keywords: tourism, intercultural communication, guide markets, cultural and religious features
For citation: Vapnyarskaya O.I., Development of intercultural communication in tourism. Servis plus, vol. 11, no. 4, 2017, pp. 37–48. DOI: 10.22412/1993-7768-11-4-1.
- Antropova N.V., Tryakina S.N., Ivashchenko I.A., Intercultural communication as a professional specialist in the field of tourism. University education: proceedings of the XVI international scientific and methodical conference devoted to the 150 birthday of P. A. Stolypin. 2012, pp. 155–156. (In ).
- Apanasyuk L.A., Egorova E.N., International tourism activity in the development of intercultural communication. Current trends and topical issues of tourism development and hotel business in Russia: proceedings of the international scientific and methodical conference, 2017, pp. 184–189. (In ).
- Galustjan A.Sh., Literary tourism as a factor of intercultural communication (the case of the russian federation and the republic of armenia). Servis v Rossii i za rubezhom, vol. 9, no. 5 (61), 2015, pp. 12–25. (In ).
- Gapon L.A., Komarova G.A., Intercultural communication in the context of the tendencies of modern international tourism budget (based on Internet resource https://www.couchsurfing.com). Actual problems of humanitarian knowledge: theoretical and applied aspects. Interuniversity collection of scientific works. Pyatigorsk: Pyatigorsk. gos. lingv. un-t. Pyatigorsk, 2015, pp. 67–73. (In ).
- Gosteva L.F., Sereda N.D., Tourism as a form and method of intercultural communication. Geografiya i turizm. Sbornik nauchnykh trudov. Perm: GOU VPO «Permskii gosudarstvennyi universitet», 2008, pp. 10–17. (In ).
- Davydenko L.G., Kosinets I.I., Khomovich N.V., Markaryan E.V., Neilenko L.L., Goroeva R.Sh., Ivleva A.V., Nozdrina E.D., Dadayan E.G., Skripochka L.A., Martynenko O.I., Plotnikova A.V., Sycheva O.V., Voloshenko A.A., Gyurdzhyan N.S., Mamaeva M.M., Gapon L.A., Dzhagaryan M.V., Babitova L.A., Nagaeva D.B. etc., Intercultural communication and tourism in today’s multicultural global community. Pyatigorsk, 2015. (In ).
- Ivushkina E.B., Dashkova E.V., Scherbakova V.M., Cross-cultural communicative competence of specialists training in the industry of tourism. Gumanitarnye i sotsial’no-ekonomicheskie nauki, 1 (86), 2016, pp. 25–28. (In Russ.).
- Karpovich I.E., Development of cross-cultural competence of future specialists tourism and hospitality. Vestnik INZhEKONa. Seriya: Ekonomika, no.3, 2011, pp. 252–256. (In ).
- Kremenetskaya A. M. the Development of intercultural communication in Russian-Chinese cooperation in the field of tourism. New economy, business and society. Proceedings of april scientific and practical conference of young scientists SHAM. Scientific electronic publishing, 2017, pp. 513–517. (In Russ.) Available at: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=29830632 (Accessed on October 15, 2017).
- Levkicheva T.A., Tourism: New Facets of Intercultural Communication. Perspektivy nauki, no. 6 (33), 2012, pp. 54–56. (In Russ.).
- Morozova M.A., Arkhipova O.V., Intercultural communication in tourism. Petersburg: SPbGIKiT, 2015, 233 p. (In Russ.).
- Moshnyaga E.V., Intercultural communication and dialogue of cultures in the field of international tourism: monograph. Moscow: Logos, 2012, 175 p. (In Russ.).
- Musin I.U., “Halal-friendly Standard”: How to unleash the potential of Islamic tourism. Billion-dollar markets and wealthy travelers. Halal in Russian hotels. (In Russ.) Available at: http://hotelier.pro/interviews/item/1011-musin/1011-musin (Accessed on August 10, 2017).
- Parfenyuk T.N., Tourism and intercultural communication as the most important factors in the development of human civilization. Synthesis of science and society in solving global problems: proceedings of the international scientific and methodical conference. Penza: MTsII «OMEGA SAINS», 2016, pp. 66–69. (In Russ.).
- Pokhodzei G.V., Intercultural communication is an integral factor in the dominant tourism and international tourism. Evraziiskii soyuz uchenykh, no. 6-2 (6), 2014, pp. 125–126. (In Russ.).
- Sabanina E.Yu., Formation of communicative culture of future tourism and service specialists in the intercultural communication Sotsial’nye i gumanitarnye nauki na Dal’nem Vostoke, no. 2, 2009, pp. 89–93. (In Russ.).
- Sirotina I.L., Tenkhunen P.Yu., Gracheva A.G., Intercultural communication: ethnic tourism. Izvestiya Samarskogo nauchnogo tsentra Rossiiskoi akademii nauk. Sotsial’nye, gumanitarnye, mediko-biologicheskie nauki, vol. 17, no. 1-3, 2015, pp. 539–544. (In Russ.).
- Shaburov D.N., Rodnina V.ECross-cultural communication in tourism. Socialization and intercultural communication in the modern world: Proceedings of the VII International scientific-practical conference of students, postgraduates and teachers. Krasnoyarsk: Krasnoyarsk. gos. ped. un-t im. V.P. Astaf’eva, 2017, pp. 48–52. (In Russ.)
- Shuvaeva I.N., Business tourism and intercultural communication (experience for management training in the framework of the Presidential program) Innovation processes in the development of social and cultural service and tourism in the modern world: Proceedings of the first International (IV all-Russian) scientific-practical conference. Moscow, 2014, pp. 272—278. (In Russ.).
- Yur’eva N.V., Intercultural communication and training of specialists in tourism sphere. Dialogue of cultures in local communities in the transformation of the russian statehood: Proceedings of all-Russian scientific-practical conference with international participation. The administration of the head of the Republic of Buryatia and the Government of the Republic of Buryatia, the Ministry of education and science of the Republic of Buryatia, Administration of Ulan-Ude. Ulan-Ude: Buryat State University, 2012, pp. 152–156.