Tourism resources of Moscow (by the example of the West administrative district)
Mikhail F. Prokhorov, Dr. Sci. (History), Prof., firstname.lastname@example.org
Institute of Tourism and Hospitality (Moscow) (branch), Russian State University of Tourism and Service, Moscow, Russian Federation
The article examines tourist facilities, which are located in the West part of Moscow and belong to the Fili-Kuntsevo area. The author distinguishes and analyzes three types of tourism resources — historical, cultural and natural. The author uses wide variety of sources and literature for their characteristics: annals, chronicles, memoirs, letters, research. The historical monuments should include Kuntsevskoe gorodishche (literally “the settlement Kuntsevo”) and Poklonnaya Gora (literally “Bow-down Hill”). Kuntsevskoe gorodishche is one of the oldest monument of material culture and a centre of metalwork. Poklonnaya Gora in written sources was first mentioned in 1360, At pre-sent, there have formed two memorial complex associated with the Patriotic war of 1812 and the great Patriotic war of 1941–1945 Among the significant monuments there is Kutuzov’s hut, panorama of the battle of Borodino, Triumphal arch, Central Museum of the great Patriotic war of 1941–1945, the obelisk of the Victory, Museum of military equipment. Among the cultural tourist objects there is marked out the estate of the Naryshkins of the XVIII-th century, the Church of the Intercession in Fili (built in 1690-1693), the Sign of the virgin in Kuntsevo (1913), the Vernicle Image to Setun in Troekurovo (1673–1676), where the famous icon painter Simon Ushakov created his master-pieces, and the Nativity of the Theotokos in Krylatskoye (1862-1877). The famous style of “Naryshkin Baroque” is presented in the Church of the Intercession at Fili, where such outstanding painters of the XVII-th century, as Karp Zolotarev and Kirill Ulanov worked. The special attraction Fili-Kuntsevsky area is natural landscape with its ponds, flora, fauna, forest park. The article can serve as a basis for develop-ment of methodical recommendations in organization of informative walking tours.
Keywords: Kuntsevo, landscape, writers, tourism, estate, Philly, artists
For citations: Prokhorov M.F., Tourism resources of Moscow (by the example of the West administrative district). Servis plus, vol. 11, no. 4, 2017, pp. 14-21. DOI: 10.22412/1993-7768-11-4-2
- Veksler A.G., Moscow in Moscow. History in the depths of the capital. Moscow,1968, 144 p. (In Russ.)
- Gerasimova G.I., Prokhorov M.F., The fate of Moscow was decided here. Nauka v Rossii, no. 2, 2010, pp. 90—95. (In Russ.).
- Dvinskii E., Rings and radii of Moscow. Moscow,1986, 479 p.
- Ziloti V.P., In the house of the Tretyakov. Moscow: Tret’yakovskaya galereya, 2016, 560 p. (In Russ.).
- The history of the Mazilovo village. Pond in Mazilovo. Pulemetnyi kolpak (Gun cap). (electronic resource) (In Russ.) Available at: http// www. Kuncevo-online.ru//istoriya_mazilovo.php (Accessed on April 29, 2017).
- Sakharov A.N., The History Of Moscow. From ancient times to the present days. 3 volumes. Moscow: Prospekt,1997 (In Russ.).
- The culture of medieval Moscow. Historic landscapes. Vol. 1—2. Moscow: Nauka, 2004—2005 (In Russ.).
- Mazin K.A., Prokhorov M.F., Kuntsevo Estate and its surroundings. Strategic management of social and economic development of the tourism regions. Collective monograph. Moscow, 2009, pp.183—210 (In Russ.).
- Palamarchuk P., Forty times forty. Vol .4. Moscow: AO «Kniga i biznes», AO «Krom», 1995, 663 p. (In Russ.).
- Monuments of Moscow architecture. Vol. 7. Moscow: «Iskusstvo-KhKhI vek», 2004, 296 p. (In Russ.).
- Poklonnaya Gora (Victory Park, Moscow) (In Russ.) Available at: //www. smile planet.ru/ Mockva /Poklonnaya_gora (Accessed on April 28, 2017).
- Prokhorov M.F., Fili in 1812. New documents and data. The 2nd stage of the Patriotic war of 1812. Maloyaroslavets, 1997, pp. 49—57. (In Russ.).
- Prokhorov M.F., History near Moscow Kuntsevo. Istoricheskaya nauka na rubezhe vekov. Ekaterinburg: NPMP «Volot», 2000, pp. 118—131 (In Russ.).
- Prokhorov M.F., Fili-Pokrovskoye and its surroundings. Kraevedcheskie chteniya pamyati A.I. Vinogradova. B. Vyazemy, 2003, pp. 63—104 (In Russ.).
- Prokhorov M.F., Suburban village of Fili and Kuntsevo in 1812. Moskva v Otechestvennoi voine 1812 goda. Moscow: GBU «TsGA Moskvy», 2013, pp. 66—77 (In Russ.).
- Prokhorov M.F., Fili Park in Moscow as a tourism resource. Sovremennye problemy servisa i turizma, no. 1, 2013, pp. 29—37 (In Russ.).
- Prokhorov M.F., The sculptures fate of Kuntsevo Estate. Sovremennye problemy servisa i turizma, no.4, 2013, pp. 44—50 (In Russ.).
- Collection of Russian historical society. Vol. 95, St. Petersburg, 1883 (In Russ.).
- Tikhomirov M. N., Medieval Moscow in the XIV—XV centuries. Moscow: MGU, 1957, 292 p. (In Russ.).
- Chronicle of Bukhovets. Moscow: Nauka, 1966, 155 p. (In Russ.).
- Shchukin P.I., Memories. Moscow: Vysshaya shkola, 1997, 256 p. (In Russ.).