State Support mechanisms of the Film Industry in the Russian Federation on the International Experience Basis
Artur M. Arakelyan, Dr. Sci. (Economic), Prof., firstname.lastname@example.org
State University of Management, Moscow, Russian Federation
In the conditions of globalization of the world economy intensive development was gained by the industry of services, in particular, film industry. Film industry is one of the most important sectors of the modern world market of services. At the same time, development of this industry in Russia is accompanied with influence of many negative factors connected with weak competitiveness of domestic movie products. The article presents the possibilities of the state support of the Russian cinema on the basis of the leading foreign countries’ experience. A subject of this article is tendencies of state regulation of domestic film industry based on the leading developed countries in this sphere. The article purpose is the analysis and generalization of competitiveness increase problems of cinema in Russia on the basis of implementation of special, unique state support mechanisms. As a result there are revealed many problems of the domestic film industry development, in particular, imperfection of protection mechanisms of intellectual property rights, lack of promotion systems of Russian movies on the foreign markets, differentiation of regions on the development level of the cinema infrastructure. The solution of these problems is limited with weak involvement of foreign investors into development of the film industry, and also poor development of special mechanisms of subsidizing of moviemakers.
Keywords: film industry, film business, cinematograph, state support, international competition, film distribution, cinema, film production
For citation: Arakelyan A. M., State Support mechanisms of the Film Industry in the Russian Federation on the International Experience Basis. Servis plus, vol. 11, no. 3, 2017, pp. 47-53. DOI: 10.22412/1993-7768-11-3-6
- Alekseev G.V., Kolobova E.Yu., Economy and Legal Aspects of Cooperation and Competition in World Cinema Industry. Upravlencheskoe konsul’tirovanie, no. 12 (72), 2014, pp. 67–78. (In Russ.)
- Alekseeva K.I., Mechanisms of interaction between government and the private sector in road infrastructure. Regional’naya ekonomika: teoriya i praktika, no. 23, 2011, pp. 40–43. (In Russ.)
- Antonov A.P., Cinema business in the United States and Russia: strategy, history and prospects. Ekonomicheskii zhurnal, no. 2 (16), 2009, pp. 134–142. (In Russ.)
- Berezin O., Leont’eva K., Film Industry Of The Russian Federation. Nevafil’m -Research, 2012, 203 p. (In Russ.)
- Ivanova V.V., Khamitova V.S., Improving the system of state support for the film industry of the Russian Federation on the example of the U.S. experience. Ekonomicheskie issledovaniya, no. 3, 2012, pp. 2–12. (In Russ.)
- Kovtonyuk F., Socio-economic characteristics and stages of the historical development of the film industry on the example of USA and Russia. Ekonomicheskie issledovaniya, vol. 41, no. 41, 2016, pp. 10. (In Russ.)
- Kulakovskii G.P., Alekseeva K.I., Using of mechanisms of state-private partnership for film industry development in regions. Innovatsii v nauke, no. 49, 2015, pp. 148–152. (In Russ.)
- Russian movie at the domestic distribution: finals of 2016. [Electronic resource]. (In Russ.) Available at: http://www.proficinema.ru/questions-problems/articles/detail.php?ID=213189 (Accessed on April 05, 2017).
- Sidorenko V.I., Ogurchikov P.K., Kusanova A.B., Contemporary problems of business: Proceedings of international scientific — practical conference. Moscow: Vseros. gos. un-t kinematografii im. S.A. Gerasimova, 2012, 217 p. ISBN: 978-5-87149-137-9. (In Russ.)
- Brandellero A., Creativity Innovation and the Cultural Economy. Cultural Trends, vol. 20, no. 2, 2011, pp. 209-211.
- Brondoni S., Market-Driven Management, Competitive Space and Global Symphonya. Emerging Issues in Management, no. 1 2009. [Electronic resource]. Available at: https://www.unimib.it/upload/gestioneFiles/Symphonya/issue%201,%202009/brondonieng12009.pdf (Accessed on March 16, 2017).
- Stiff competition sends cinemas to the archives. China Daily USA. [Electronic resource]. Available at: http://usa.chinadaily.com.cn/business/2013-08/03/content_16868924_2.htm (Accessed on April 05, 2017).