Free independent tourism as a tool of personal inculturation
Tatiana V. Ryabova, PhD, Cand. Sci. (Pedagogic), Associate Prof., email@example.com
Elena V. Ertman, PhD, Cand. Sci. (Pedagogic), Associate Prof.,firstname.lastname@example.org
Saint-Petersburg State Institute of culture, Saint-Petersburg, Russian Federation
This article is dedicated to the free independent tourism as an effective tool of personal inculturation that considers being facultative learning of domestic culture and other cultures’ values. An accumulation and translation of personal ideas about the society, historical events, and cultural heritage takes place during an inculturation. In the same time, the culture in all variety of forms of its expression is one of basic elements of traveler’s interest and the dominating idea of tourists’ activity. Free independent tourism as a kind of social and cultural activity reflecting the individual human interests, including the interests of learning the domestic and world cultural values, and ensures the process of personal inculturation. The main social and cultural functions of independent tourism, that permit to realize the key aspects of inculturation, are defined in this article. The specific features of realization of these functions in different kinds of independent tourism are also showed. During empiric research, which results are presented in this article, the demographic characteristics of independent tourism are revealed. The structure of tourists’ motivation in organized independent trips is defined; the complex of social and cultural demands of independent tourists and the grade of their participation during inculturation are investigated. The empiric data permit to conclude that the inculturation which is ensured with different kind of human participation in the different forms and kinds of social and cultural activity is rather well realized through independent tourism. Free independent tourism which is being actually dynamically developed, ensures the following aspects of inculturation, such as the continuous education in its facultative forms; learning of variety of cultural heritage interpretations; the realization of all spectrum of leisure’s demands (including cognitive, creative, communicative and others) by the independent tourists, the stimulation of travelers activity during learning, translation and saving of cultural values.
Keywords: free independent tourism, inculturation, development of personality, social and cultural activity, social and cultural function of independent tourism, social and cultural demands
For citations: Ryabova T.V., Ertman E.V., Free independent tourism as a tool of personal inculturation. Servis plus, vol. 11, no. 3, 2017, pp. 31-38. DOI: 10.22412/1993-7768-11-3-4
- Ariarskii M.A., Pedagogical culture science in 2 vol. V.1: Methodology and Methodics of Comprehension of Culture. St. Petersburg: Kontsert, 2012, 400 p. (In Russ.)
- Leskova I. V., Socialization and inculturation as mechanisms of personality identification. Nauchnye vedomosti BelGU. Seriya: Filosofiya. Sotsiologiya. Pravo, no. 12 (52), 2008, pp. 19—24. (In Russ.) Available at: http://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/sotsializatsiya-i-inkulturatsiya-kak-mehanizmy-formirovaniya-identichnosti-lichnosti (Accessed on February 12, 2017).
- Maksyutina K.N., Tourism as a sphere of cultural-leisure activity: the basic concepts. Vestnik KazGUKI, no. 4, 2010. (In Russ.) Available at: http://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/turizm-kak-sfera-kulturno-dosugovoy-deyatelnosti-osnovnye-ponyatiya (Accessed on February 07, 2017).
- Moiseeva I.G., Cultural tourism as strategic resource of Russia. Vestnik MGUKI, no. 1 (45), 2012, pp. 96—100. (In Russ.) Available at: http://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/kulturnyy-turizm-kak-strategicheskiy-resurs-rossii (Accessed on February 04, 2017).
- Popkova E.B., Theoretic approaches of enculturation study as a social process. Teoriya i praktika obshchestvennogo razvitiya, no. 3, 2013, pp. 43—48. (In Russ.) Available at: http://cyberleninka.ru/article/n/teoreticheskie-podhody-k-issledovaniyu-inkulturatsii-kak-sotsiokulturnogo-protsessa (Accessed on February 14, 2017).
- Ryabova T.V., Ertman E.V., Independent tourism as a perspective direction the development of tourism sector. Russia – Kazakhstan: cross-border cooperation, the Museum and tourist potential, projects and routes to world-class events: Proceedings of the International scientific-practical conference, 1 issue. Samara, 2016. (In Russ.) Available at: https://regrazvitie.ru/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Ryabova-Ertman.pdf (Accessed on January, 21, 2017).
- Ryabova T.V., Ertman E.V., Social and cultural aspects of free independent tourism. Servis plus, vol. 10, no. 3, 2016, pp. 3—9. DOI: 10.12737/21117. (In Russ.)
- Ryabova T.V., Ertman E.V., Independent tourism as a form of leisure activities. Wschodnioeuropejskie Czasopismo Naukowe (East European Scientific Journal), vol. 6, no. 8, 2016, pp. 124—127. (In Russ.)
- Stakhova L.V., Advantages of using dynamic packaging of tours for industry and business. Servis plus, vol. 10, no. 3, 2016, pp. 28—35. DOI: 10.12737/21120. (In Russ.)
- Butler G., Hannam K., Independent tourist’s automobilities in Norway. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/14766825.2012.718441 (Accessed on May 05, 2017).
- Herskovitz M.J., Man and His Works: The Science of Cultural Anthropology. New York,1948.
- Rise of the Chinese Independent Traveler. Available at: https://skift.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/skift-chinese-traveler.pdf (Accessed on February 28, 2017).