Systematic approach to improving the service quality of tourists’ transportation with motor transport
Natal’ya B. Moskaleva, Cand. Sci. (Economic), Associate Prof., email@example.com,
Anatolii M. Babich, Dr. Sci. (Economic), Prof.
Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, Moscow, Russian Federation
The article studies the problems of improving the service quality of tourists’ transportation with motor transport. The category of these services in the tourism product includes: transfer; transportation of tourists on routes of short, medium and long distances; excursions by motor transport. Analyzing the experience of foreign and domestic scientists, the authors conclude that there was nit any targeted research in this direction in the post-Soviet period. The article presents the main methods and research results of tour operators (travel agents) and transfer companies’ role in ensuring the quality of services in the process of tourists’ transportation. The authors develop the methodology for improving the quality of tourist services to the population using motor transport, which includes: definition of service quality indicators. An important feature of some service quality indicators for tourists is that they not only reflect a certain quality feature, but at the same time affect the quality level, increasing or lowering it.
The methodology helps to identify and analyze the factors influencing the quality level of tourist services with the use of motor transport; the most significant factors of impact, forms of their manifestation.
The methodology includes recommendations to tour operators on the choice of the most convenient transfer company and a technique for monitoring the behavior, physical condition of drivers, technical condition of vehicles. The developed methods of improving the quality of tourist services provided by motor transport can improve the quality of tourist services, reduce the number of tourists falling into traffic accidents caused by transfer companies and host companies, working with tour operators.
Keywords: tour operator, travel agent, transfer company, service quality, tourist services to the population, motor transport
For citations: Moskaleva N.B., Babich A.M. Systematic approach to improving the service quality of tourists’ transportation with motor transport. Servis plus, vol. 11, no. 3, 2017, pp. 21-30. DOI: 10.22412/1993-7768-11-3-3
- Atachkin E.F., Atachkina N.V., Caravaning tourists’ advice. Sovremennye problemy servisa i turizma, 1, 2010, pp. 31—43. (In Russ.)
- Baumgarten L.V., Quality management in tourism. Moscow: Izd. tsentr «Akademiya», 2010, 304 p. (In Russ.)
- Belozerova Yu.M., The social tourism role in improving the life quality for social vulnerable population. Sotsial’naya politika i sotsial’noe partnerstvo, no. 4, 2015, pp. 25—35. (In Russ.)
- Belozerova Yu.M., Strategic directions of tourist-recreational complex development of the Russian Federation at the present stage. Vestnik Universiteta (Gosudarstvennyi universitet upravleniya), no. 21, 2013, pp. 18—23. (In Russ.)
- Birzhakov M.B., Kazakov N.P., Security in tourism. St. Petersburg: «Izd. dom Gerda», 2008, 208 p. (In Russ.)
- Braimer R.A., Fundamentals of management in the hospitality industry. Moscow: Aspekt Press, 1995, 326 p. (In Russ.)
- Vasil’ev V. Commercial motor transport: modern aspects of development. Avtomobil’nyi transport, no. 7, 2013. (In Russ.)
- Kotler Ph., Bowen J., Makens J., Marketing for Hospitality and Tourism. Moscow: YuNITI – DANA, 2005, 1045 p. (In Russ.)
- Minaev V.A., Platonova N.A., Pogrebova E.S., Analysing the quality of tourist and tourist service regional infrastructure: methology. Vestnik Assotsiatsii vuzov turizma i servisa, vol. 8, no. 2, 2014, pp. 38—48. (In Russ.)
- Minaev V.A., Platonova N.A., Tsyshchuk E.A., Regional tourism: forecasting and planning the development in the current macroeconomic conditions. Regional’naya ekonomika: teoriya i praktika, no. 23 (398), 2015, pp. 2—12. (In Russ.)
- Moskaleva N.B., Economic and organizational-technical methods for ensuring safe transportation of tourists by motor transport. Monograph. Moscow: DPK Press, 2012, 448 p. (In Russ.)
- Sarancha M. A., Platonova N. A., etc., Systematization of information on the tourist route network of the Russian Federation: methodology and results. Moscow: Izd-vo Rossiiskogo gos. un-ta turizma i servisa, 2016, 108 p. (In Russ.)
- Fedulin A.A., Kopylov Yu.V., Afanas’ev O.E., «The roads of power’s soul»: development project of autotransport infrastructure and roadside service in the central federal district. Sovremennye problemy servisa i turizma, vol. 9, no. 3, 2015, pp. 49—60. DOI: 10.12737/12882. (In Russ.)
- Holloway J. Christopher, Taylor N., The Business of Tourism, 7th Edition. Kiev: Znanie, 2007, 798 p. (In Russ.)
- Evans James R., Quality management. Moscow: YuNITI – DANA, 2007, 674 p. (In Russ.)