THE PROBLEM OF PRESERVATION OF CULTURAL IDENTITY IN CONDITIONS OF GLOBALIZATION
Irina A. Gerasimova, Cand. Sci. (Pedagogic) Associate Prof., email@example.com,
Plekhanov Russian University of Economics (branch), Voronezh, Russian Federation
Vasilii Yu. Ivakhnov, Cand. Sci. (Philosophy) Associate Prof., firstname.lastname@example.org
Volzhskiy Polytechnic Institute (branch), Volgograd state technical University, Volzhskiy, Russian Federation
Abstract: In article the identity preservation problem is considered. The author’s under-standing of identity as certain stability of sociocultural, civilization, national and individual char-acteristics and their self-identity which gives the chance to answer the questions raised before each person is given: who I am and who we are. It is proved that in the globalization era the arisen prob-lem of identity implies first of all personal identity – that is folding of steady ideas at the person of itself as the member of society, as well as the cultural identity generating feeling of most identity at the people, giving it an opportunity to find the place in international space. In other words, a basic element of identity of any nation is a certain semantic integrity which is perceived as the character-istic of the nation. Authors come to a conclusion that this semantic integrity causes connection of all system in a whole. So, it is impossible to change identity, without having changed at the same time her main idea. However, in case occurs washing out of “the main idea”, any identity is not ca-pable to resist.
Authors note importance of overcoming crisis as individual, so collective identities in view of distribution of global culture values. A conclusion of article is the statement that globalization tries to break national identity, to dissolve it in global democratization processes, standardization of culture, an economization, a universalization of values and informatization. In turn national identity throws down a challenge to globalization and raises nationalism level within national communities and divides data of community into separate components – subnational communities. Also possible solutions of this problem are presented.
Key words: identity, homogenization, globalization, culture, values, nation.
1. Berger L., Cultural dynamics of globalization. The many faces of globalization. Cultural diversity in the modern world. Moscow, 2014, pp. 215. (In Russ.).
2. Delyagin M.G., The global crisis. General theory of globalization: lectures. Moscow: In-fra-M, 2013, pp. 140. (In Russ.).
3. Karpukhin O.I., Makarevich E.F., Global communication and cultural-political expansion. Sotsial’no-gumanitarnye znaniya, no. 3, 2015, pp. 61–76. (In Russ.).
4. Lysak I.V., The problem of preservation of cultural identity in conditions of globalization. Gumanitarnye i sotsial’no-ekonomicheskie nauki, no. 4, 2014, pp. 91–95. (In Russ.).
5. Panarin A.S., Globalization as a Challenge to the Living World. Vestnik RAN, vol. 74, no. 7, 2014, pp. 619–632. (In Russ.).
6. Salikhov G.G., The problem of identity in globalization. Vek globalizatsii, no. 1 (7), 2015, pp. 12-16. (In Russ.).
7. Stepanyants M.T., The Eastern scenario of the global world. Voprosy filosofii, no. 7, 2009, pp. 35–43. (In Russ.).
8. Ushanova I.A., Globalization and multiculturalism: development. Vestnik Nov-gorodskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta, no. 27, 2014, pp. 61–65. (In Russ.).