FEATURES OF PROPERTY INSURANCE FOR SMALL BUSINESSES: THE INTERACTION BETWEEN THE INSURANT AND THE INSURER
Anna A. Silaeva, Cand. Sci. (Economic), Associate Prof., firstname.lastname@example.org,
Russian State University of tourism and service, Moscow, Russian Federation
Small and medium business have particularly important question of business protection in conditions of market economy instability. An effective mechanism of protection is the insurance. Despite the wide range of insurance options, the highest amount of compensation falls on property damage from water and fire, which indicates a high probability of the occurrence of the specified insurance situations. But, as practice shows, insurance as a way to protect the interests of business is not given enough attention. The relevance of this topic is based on the fact that insurance of organizations and companies’ property is the most active lever of state regulation of social and economic development and structural changes in production. The introduction and expansion of the insurance packages for enterprise allows you to extend its manufacturing capabilities, gives the company a greater amount of financial freedom. The problem of the insurance industry and demand for insurance services is that the insurance system, including the system of property insurance does not correspond to today’s requirements and social and economic development of the state. Insurance companies offer many similar products that only differ in the list of covered risks and tariffs. The article discusses important aspects of property insurance to small businesses in the interaction of the insurant and the insurer, taking into account the specifics of their work and associated risks; differences of contracts of insurance of property of legal persons from similar agreements concluded with individuals, as well as differences in the actual process of property insurance. The article systematizes the objects that should be insured. As reflected in the illustrative material, the problems of work in the segment of the insurance are solved by means of insurance small businesses.
Keywords: property insurance, small business, risk, insurance protection
1. Akhvlediani, Yu. T., Insurance [Electronic resource]: manual for students studying on specialties “Finances and credit”, “Accounting, analysis and audit”. Moscow: YuNITI-DANA, 2012, 510 p. (In Russ.).
2. Balabanov I.T., Balabanova A.I., Insurance. St. Petersburg: Piter, 2002, 250 p. (In Russ.).
3. Bokareva E., Silayev A., Duborkina I., Development of small business in Russia: problems and solutions. Servis v Rossii i za rubezhom, vol. 10, no. 1 (62), 2016, pp. 174–185. (In Russ.).
4. Bokareva E.V., Zhuravleva N.V., Glinkina E.V., Abrameitseva E.A., Biryukov A.N., Kozhukhova O.S., Krutova I.N., Khusainova L.A., Chernov S.S. Problems of Economics and management of enterprises, branches, complexes. Book 15. Novosibirsk, 2011, 199 p. (In Russ.).
5. Selyanina E. N., Everything you need to know about insurance of business risks Planovo-ekonomicheskii otdel, no. 12, 2014. (In Russ.). Available at: http://www.profiz.ru/peo/12_2014/strahovanie_riskov (Accessed on December 1, 2016).
6. Insurance Agency ” Gelaksi insurance “. Insurance risks for small business: why are small businesses so important to insurance? (In Russ.). Available at: http://galaxyinsurance.ru/poleznoe/blog/strahovanie-riskov-malogo-biznesa (Accessed on December 1, 2016).
7. Yarotskaya E.V., The problem of making decisions about the appropriateness of property insurance of enterprises. Izvestiya Dal’nevostochnogo federal’nogo universiteta. Ekonomika i upravlenie, no. 2, 2005, pp. 32–39. (In Russ.).
8. Silaeva A.A., Karmanova T.E., Atamanova M.A., Podsevalova E.N., Mityurnikova L.A., Peculiarities of improving internal financial control in the russian corporations. Journal of Applied Economic Sciences, vol. 11, no. 7, 2016, pp. 78–86. (In Russ.).