PROBLEMS AND PROSPECTS OF SPATIAL DEVELOPMENT OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION
Elena V. Yudina, Сand. Sci. (Sociology), Associate Prof.
Tat’yana V. Ukhina, Сand. Sci. (Economic), Associate Pro.
Russian state University of tourism and service, Moscow, Russian Federation
Based on the appraisal of the existing scheme of the spatial organization of the Russian Federation, the authors focus on the development of conceptual approaches to spatial development of our country. Like many others, the authors examine the spatial organization of society as a complex, integrated into the natural environment spatial system, and offer to understand the spatial development of progressive changes in the territorial organization of society. The article notes internal and external environment, identifies prerequisites, peculiarities and prospects of territorial development of the Russian Federation taking into account the impact of global challenges, among which the most important ones for the future development of the social-economic system of the country are the change in the geographical configuration of global centers, global change in the territorial structure of the settlement, etc. Authors formulate the basic conditions for spatial development of the country in the long term, taking into account the scale and diversity of the natural resource potential, climatic conditions, the unique geopolitical position of Russia, unique natural complexes, persistent, and increasing significant human potential in Russian regions and a number of others. Analyzing imbalances and current trends in the spatial organization of the Russian Federation, the authors emphasize the necessity of interaction between the state, business community and civil society in a hard and labour-intensive transformation and development of the territory aimed at maximizing the realization of the aggregate resources of the productive forces of all functioning created and planned on the territory of Russia spatial systems, in all their diversity, which must be macrozones, major economic regions, macro-regions, the constituent entities of the Russian Federation, municipal formations, each populated place in the country.
Keywords: spatial organization, spatial system, globalization, development
1. Bukhval’d E.M., Balanced territorial development: legal and institutional problems. (In Russ.). Available at: http://smgrf.ru/sbalansirovannost-territorialnogo-razvitiya-pravovye-iinstitutsionalnye-problemy-buhval (Accessed on December 12, 2016).
2. Zubarevich N.V., Income inequality of the population: spatial projection. (In Russ.). Available at: http://carnegieendowment.org/files/PeC_61_48-60.pdf (Accessed on December 7, 2016).
3. Kuznetsova I.I., The problem of territorial differentiation in the regional economy and the possibilities of its study at the city level. (In Russ.). Available at: http://www.isa.ru/proceedings/images/ (Accessed on December 7, 2016).
4. Rat’kovskaya T.G., The spatial conditions for the development of social infrastructure of separate groups of subjects of the Russian Federation. The problems of innovative management of the economy of regions of Siberia. Collection of scientific works. Institute of Economics and industrial engineering (Siberian branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences). Novosibirsk, 2015, pp. 221−229. (In Russ.).
5. Sakhtueva M.V., Mokaeva M.M., The state of spatial development of territorial-economic complexes of the Russian Federation. Izvestiya Kabardino-Balkarskogo nauchnogo tsentra RAN, no. 5-1, 2010, pp. 116−124. (In Russ.).
6. Sokolov A.F., Information analytical methods for monitoring of effectiveness of regional economic management systems. Izvestiya Volgogradskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta. Seriya «Aktual’nye problemy reformirovaniya rossiiskoi ekonomiki (teoriya, praktika, perspektiva)», no. 7 (94), vol. 13, 2012, pp. 169−179.
7. Tatarkin A.I., Policy and planning development of regions as a condition of settled social and economic progress of Russian Federation. Vestnik UrPGU-UPI, Ekaterinburg, no. 4, 2011, pp. 46−55.
8. Turgel’ I.D., Inter-minicipal cooperation in the RF: spatial specifics of development and management. Voprosy upravleniya, no. 3 (15), 2015, pp. 196−203.
9. Ukhina T.V., Public enterprise in transition economies (the institutional dimension). Candidate of Economic Sciences’ thesis. Мoscow: MGOU, 2003, 163 p.
10. Ukhina T.V., Strategy for effective personnel management. Problemy i opyt menedzhmenta, finansov, ucheta i nalogooblozheniya predpriyatii, otraslei, kompleksov, Мoscow, 2012, 196 p.
11. Chistobaev A.I., Spatial planning in Russia: status, problems, geographers’ researches. Vestnik ARGO, no. 2, 2013, pp. 15–24.
12. Shvets I.Yu., The spatial conditions for the development of social infrastructure of separate groups of subjects of the Russian Federation. Innovative development of the Russian economy. IX international scientific-practical conference. Moscow: Ros. ekon. un-t im. G.V. Plekhanova; Ros. gum. nauch. fond, 2016, pp. 137−141.
13. Yushkova N.G., Spatial approach in the study of the processes of regional socio-economic systems” development and functioning. Terra Economicus, no. 4−3, vol. 11, 2013, pp. 192−198.
14. Yushkova N.G., Territorial planning and region development state policy. Vestnik VolgGASU. Seriya «Stroitel’stvo i arkhitektura», no. 30 (49), 2013, pp. 196–202.