TRAVEL AGENCIES IN COMPETITION WITH MODERN ONLINE-BOOKING SERVICES
Tat’yana V. Ukhina, Сand. Sci. (Economic), Associate professor, email@example.com,
Aleksei A. Shabakov, firstname.lastname@example.org,
Kseniya V. Snegova, email@example.com,
Aleksei S. Kul’beikin, firstname.lastname@example.org
Russian State University of tourism and service, Moscow, Russian Federation
The article is devoted to the study of the state modern segment of online booking of tourist products and of classical market of tourist agencies. It provides statistical information showing how in favor of the existence of the classical travel agencies and against it. In the changing world they develop modern technology. Great attention today is paid to the development and use of online applications. In the world there are countries where a large part of tours is booked through the online system, mainly North America and Western Europe. But more rapid growth in the segment of online reservation in connection with the increasing number of Internet users show the developing countries. Furthermore, the segment of online booking develops in two areas: industry concerning the choice of locations, types of transport and related services and geographical, concerning the choice of countries and places. However, there are positive opportunities for the development of the classical travel agencies in Russia. Authors and specialists in the tourism industry say that travelers use Internet when planning their travel, just in order to get information about the places of their future activities. In addition, according to the study, the Internet takes the second place among sources of information about tours. For Russians today it is easier to contact their travel agent, who leads the application from beginning to end, specifying some important moments in the process of formation of the application. Today, therefore, travel agents should be able to advise their clients; to sell a product, surely using existing web technologies; adapt to the client, to hear and understand the client’s wishes. Thus, according to the authors, the growth of the online booking market will continue both in the world and in Russia, due to the fact that the booking system possess cheap tour options, the relative freedom of action for tourists and the ticket on electronic media will not be lost. But the market for travel agencies will continue to develop if it uses the most modern ways to attract its audience using modern tools of marketing, advertising and PR.
Keywords: online booking, travel agency, trends in online booking, dynamic packaging, geographic and industry online booking
1. Abdel Essam Wahed Abdullah Mahmoud, High technology impact on the electronic tourism development, Servis v Rossii i za rubezhom, no. 2, 2016, pp. 4 – 12. (In Russ.).
2. Bukashkina E., How does an online travel agency live in reality. Online magazine HotLine.travel, no. 166. (In Russ.). Available at: https://www.hotline.travel/ofisy-turagentov/kak-zhivet-onlayn-turagentstvo-v-realnosti/ (Accessed on January 13, 2017).
3. Ziganshin I.I., Ovcharov A.O., Rysaeva M.A., Influence of economic sanctions on the development of the Russian tourism. Aktual’nye problemy ekonomiki i prava, no.1, 2015, pp. 17−25. (In Russ.).
4. Kuznetsov G., Internet against travel agencies. Online magazine HotLine.travel, no. 146. (In Russ.). Available at: https://www.hotline.travel/obzory-i-analitika/internet-protiv-turagentstv (Accessed on January 12, 2017).
5. Makarchenko M.A.1, Ramadonova M.M.1, Sattorov F.E., Demand and motivation in the tourist market. Nauchnyi zhurnal NIU ITMO. Seriya «Ekonomika i ekologicheskii menedzhment», no.1, 2016, pp. 99-102. (In Russ.).
6. Rudskaya E.N., Skabarova A.A., Online tourism: prospects and development forecasts. Molodoi uchenyi, no. 8, 2016, pp. 655—659. (In Russ.).
7. Stakhova L.V., E-commerce in the sphere of tourism: practice, problems, prospects. Servis v Rossii i za rubezhom, no. 4, 2011, pp. 132-135. (In Russ.).
8. Yudina E.V., Uhina T.V., Bushueva I.V., Pirozhenko N.T., Tourism in a globalizing world. International Journal of Environmental and Science Education, no. 17, vol. 11, 2016, рр. 10599—10608.