SERVICE ECONOMY AND ITS ROLE IN THE POST- INDUSTRIAL DEVELOPMENT BY THE RESULTS OF STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS
Aleksei N. Burov, PhD (Dr. Sc.) in History, Professor
Plekhanov Russian University of Economics (branch), Volgograd, Russian Federation. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org,
Natal’ya E. Buletova, PhD (Cand. Sc.) in Economics, Associate professor Volgograd Institute of Management (branch of Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration). E-mail: email@example.com
Sergei I. Kopylov, PhD (Cand. Sc.) in Sociology
Plekhanov Russian University of Economics (branch), Volgograd, Russian Federation. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Igor’ V. Sharkevich, PhD (Cand. Sc.) in Physics and Mathematics, Associate professor Institute of management, Volgograd branch Volgograd, Russian Federation. E-mail: email@example.com
The subject of research in the scientific article is a modern structure of the regional economy, corresponding to or not corresponding to the theory of structural changes by Fischer and Clark. In accordance with the theme of the study aimed to determine the location and the role of service economy in the modern post-industrial de- velopment of the relations of all resident and non-resident of national, regional economies, the authors set the meta-goal of the study – to conduct a structural analysis of the economies of all sizes and development levels and to determine the ideal model of structural changes stimulated both by the state economic policy, and by the direct participants in economic relations. The hypothesis of research is the assumption that, depending on the structural relations presented in the theory of structural changes of the economy sectors by Fischer and Clark, they can assess the achieved level of economic development of individual areas and predict development in the medium and long term with high probability of preserving the key conditions for economic development. In order to solve practical tasks to achieve the goal the methodology of work included a systematic approach traditionally used in studies of this level and a set of methods included in it, the implementation of the analysis and synthesis of the study subject as a system. Special attention is given to the authors’ approach to the assess- ment of structural changes, which is based on indicators of coordination and the need to use the information base on the structure of gross value added of the national (regional) economy.
The results of research presented in the article, calculations of the structural analysis of indicators and au- thors’ interpretations and suggestions have practical value in increasing of scientific knowledge in the content of the structural analysis, and findings are relevant in the characterization of the structure of the economy of any size and the achieved level of economic development. It is recommended to use this method to monitor the economic development of the results and effectiveness of the implementation of the state of structural policy at regional level (with the availability of the statistical basis for the calculation part of the methodology – and at the municipal level) with the definition of the content of actions by selecting the most appropriate, optimal vector of development for the future.
Keywords: service economy, structural changes, coordination index, industrialization, servicization, balance
1. Yerokhina Ye. A., Ерохина Е.А. The regularities of the economic development: system-organizational ap- proach. Vestnik Tomskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta, no. 280, 2003, pp. 127–129. (In Russ).
2. Kravchenko E.N., Sharkevich I.V., New approach to human development index evaluation in regions of Russia. Vestnik Irkutskogo gosudarstvennogo tekhnicheskogo universiteta, no. 11 (82), 2013, pp. 345–351. (In Russ).
3. Krasilnikov O. Yu., The Perspectives of Development of Russian Economy before the New Wave of Structural Crisis. Izvestiya Saratovskogo universiteta, 2011, pp. 3–7. (In Russ).
4. Kulibanova V.V., Marketing of services. St. Petersburg: Vektor, 2006. (In Russ).
5. Mau V., Anti-crisis measures or structural reforms: Russia‘s economic policy in 2015. Voprosy ekonomiki, no. 2, 2016, pp. 5–34. (In Russ).
6. Ratner P.D., Khrustalev E. Yu., Development of production modernization strategy based on models of ecological analysis of the environmental functioning. Upravlenie innovatsiyami – 2015 (Managing of In- novations – 2015). Proceedings of the international scientific-practical conference, Novocherkassk, 2015, pp.79–83. (In Russ).
7. Sukharev O.S., Structural analysis of the economies. Moscow: Finansy i statistika, 2012, pp. 163–185. (In Russ).
8. Sukharev O.S., The theory of economic efficiency. Moscow: Finansy i statistika, 2009, pp. 209–253. (In Russ)
9. Sharkevich I.V., Zlochevskii I.A., The quality of economic growth and structural changes as a result and as- sessment of the effectiveness of industrial policy. Regional’naya ekonomika: teoriya i praktika, no. 38, 2013, pp. 41–46. (In Russ).
10. Fisher I., Our unstable dollar and so-called business cycle. Journal of the American Statistical Association. Vol. 20, 1925, pp. 181–198.
11. Gronroos C., Service Management and Marketing: A Customer Relationship Management Approach, 2nd ed. West Sussex, England: John Wiley & Sons, 2000, 404 p.
12. Hill T., On goods and services. Review of income and wealth. Ottawa, Ser. 23, no. 4, 1977, рр. 315–338.
13. Orlova E.R. Buletova N.E., Gulyaeva E.V., Zlochevsky I.A., Paradoxes of the service economy and the role of the state in strategic management of their effects. International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, vol. 11, no 13, 2016, pp. 8024–8030.
14. Tinbergen J., De quelques problemes poses par le concept de structure economique. Revue d’economie poli- tique, Janvier – Fevrier,1952.
15. Zarnowitz V., Signals and Confirmations of Economic Change. Available at: https://www.chicagobooth. edu/~/media/2967F05E0E5246278875955C2F8F5E78.pdf. (Accessed on December 12, 2016).