DEVELOPMENT OF MERCHANT BUSINESS ON THE RUSSIAN NORTH IN XVIII CENTURY IN ASPECT OF THE IDEA OF POVERTY (BASED ON THE HISTORICAL PROSE)
Svetlana V. Krasil’nikova, PhD (Cand. Sc.) in Philology, Associate professor,
Institute of tourism and service, Russian state University of tourism and service, Moscow, Russian Federation. E-mail: email@example.com
The article studies the most important paradigm of the existence of entrepreneurship in Russia — the idea of poverty on the basis of analysis of literary and historical sources that contains descriptions of the events of the merchant en¬vironment in the Russian North. It is illustrated by the historiographic overview of texts-sources of the XVIII century. In the analysis of the narrative intentions of the Northern Russian historiography we can clearly identify semantic strategy — existential model of life as a debt (responsibility, obligation), love (kindness, mercy, unity, catholicity), faith (trust in a higher principle, faith, hope), and sacrifice (dedication, donations, help, support). All these vital vec¬tors intersect in the semantic space of historical essays and emanate from a single semantic paradigm of “poverty”. These principles have a great influence on the development of the business environment in Russia. From the stand¬point of the theory of everyday life it is important to explore historical documents in the framework of the semiotic approach and reveal the specific social actions and communicative acts in them. The literary fact is fixed in culture, while continuing to live in the space of this culture in the form of characters, plots, motives. And this literary sign always points to another sign, leading in turn to a new, hidden sign of the culture. The research intention in this case is directed towards the interpretation of a text sign, opening the code and the comprehension of cultural meaning. In this context, the signs and meanings of historical documentary sources are not just verbal constructions, but the complex cultural forms which keep all strata and sections of past cultural epochs and fixed “non-biological collec¬tive memory” (Lotman). In addition, studying historical texts it is necessary to consider the modern anthropological theory of culture, in which the latter is regarded as a value space (C. Geertz).
Keywords: business environment, economic and political development of the settlement, the paradigm of poverty, economic history, literary field, habitus
1. Geertz C.J. The Interpretation of Cultures. Moscow, 2012. (In Russ).
2. Derrida J. La structure, le signe et le jeu dans le discours des sciences humaines (Structure, Sign, and Play in the Discourse of the Human Sciences). St. Petersburg: Akademicheskii proekt, 2014, pp. 352—368. (In Russ)
3. Kozlova N.N. Sociology of everyday life: revaluation of values. Obshchestvennye nauki i sovremennost’, no. 3, 2013, Ppp 48 (In Russ).
4. Kratkaya istoriya o gorode Arkhangel’skom, sochinena Arkhangelogorodskim grazhdaninom Vasil’em Krestininym (A brief history of the city of Arkhangelsk, written by a citizen of Arkhangelsk, Vasily Krestinin). St. Petersburg, 2013. (In Russ).
5. Lotman Yu.M. Беседы о русской культуре: Быт и традиции русского дворянства (XVIII-начало XIXвека). St. Petersburg: Iskusstvo, 2012, 339 p. (In Russ).
6. Murav’ev A.N. Russian Thebaid in the North, (In Russ) available at: //www.samizday.ru.
7. Nepein S.A. The history of the Vologda city Gerasimovsky Trinity Church. Vologodskie eparkhial’nye vedomosti, no. 120, 2013, pp. 181—185. (In Russ).
8. Soskin A.I. Istoriya goroda Soli, Syktyvkar (The history of the city of Salt), Syktyvkar, 2012. (In Russ).
9. Shmatko N. «Habitus» in the structure of sociological theory. (In Russ) available at: http://bourdieu.name/ content/shmatko-na-gabitus-v-strukture-sociologicheskoj-teorii.
10. Booker Ch. The Seven Basic Plots. Why We Tell Stories. London, N.Y, 2004, 324 p.
11. Bourdieu P. La Distinction. Critique sociale du jugement. Paris: Ed. de Minuit, 1979, pp. 191—192.
12. Bourdieu P. Passeron J. — C. La Reproduction. Paris: Ed. de Minuit, 2011.
13. Bourdieu P. Esquisse d’une theorie de la pratique. Geneve: Ed. de Droz, 2013.
14. Bourdieu P. Raison pratiques. Sur la theorie de l’action. Paris: Ed. de Seuil, 2012.
15. Bourdieu P. Le Sens pratique. Paris: Ed. de Minuit, 2014.
Krasil’nikova S.V. Development of merchant business on the Russian North in XVIII century in aspect of the idea of poverty (based on the historical prose), Servis plus, Vol. 10, no. 4, 2016, рр. 65-74 (In Russ).
Received 03 July 2016.